TEMPORARY STREET CLOSURE OF FAIRFAX AVENUE FROM WILSHIRE BOULEVARD TO 6TH STREET FEBRUARY 11—12
Partial Traffic Lane Closure Hours: Friday, February 11, 2022, from 2am to Spm Full Closure Hours: Friday, February 11 at Spm to Saturday, February 12 at 2am Event Hours: Approximately 7:30pm to 11:30pm on February 11
- On Friday, February 11, 2022, from 2am to Spm one southbound and one northbound lane of Fairfax Avenue between 6th Street and Wilshire Boulevard will be open to traffic.
- Starting at Spm on February 11, Fairfax Avenue from Wilshire Boulevard to 6th Street will be closed to northbound and southbound vehicular traffic until 2am on February 12.
- Fairfax Avenue from Wilshire Boulevard to 6th Street will re-open and be accessible to vehicular traffic on Saturday, February 12 at 2am at the latest.
- Residents who live on Orange Street between S Crescent Heights Boulevard and Fairfax Avenue will need to access Orange Street from S Crescent Heights Boulevard.
- For residents who live south of Wilshire Boulevard, access to 8th Street will not be restricted.
- The west sidewalk on Fairfax Avenue between Wilshire Boulevard and 6th Street will be open and accessible for pedestrian use. The east sidewalk on Fairfax Avenue will not be accessible.
- The north sidewalk of Wilshire Boulevard between Fairfax Avenue and Ogden Drive will be closed. The south sidewalk of Wilshire Boulevard will be open and accessible to pedestrians.
- Electronic Changeable Message Signs staged north of 3rd Street & Fairfax Avenue facing southbound traffic and south of San Vicente Boulevard & Fairfax Avenue facing northbound traffic will inform drivers of the closures ahead.
- Signage at 8th Street & Fairfax Avenue will indicate local neighborhood traffic access only.
- Traffic Control Officers will be placed at key intersections in the area for safety of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Traffic signal timing will be optimized by LADOT at key intersections and along the detour routes to mitigate the closure(s) and improve mobility.
- A hotline is available to report any concern. The number is 323.930.3011.
This closure is for a 2022 Super Bowl LVI ancillary event, and out of an abundance of caution and public safety, the Los Angeles Super Bowl Host Committee, led by the Los Angeles Sports & Entertainment Commission (LASEC), liaising between the County of Los Angeles, the City of Los Angeles, and the National Football League (NFL) requested this closure and will implement traffic management plans.
The Academy Museum apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and thanks you for your patience. If you would like to report any concerns regarding this closure, please call 323.930.3011.